Taxing, Spending, Education and Development. After completing the course readings and viewing the course presentations for Module 8: Week 8, you will write a 2–4 page research paper analyzing a serious dilemma as a public official. As a local mayor, local commissioner, state legislator, or state governor, you are faced with a sizeable structural deficit. However, in order to help create more jobs and foster innovation, you are constantly being lobbied to build a state of the art high tech facility in your area of responsibility. How do you solve this dilemma?
This assignment must be formatted incurrent APA format, including a title page, sectional headings, and a Works Cited section. It must also utilize 3–5 scholarly sources, which may include course materials (textbooks and presentations) and the Bible.
If you choose to be a mayor, you are facing a structural deficit of $100,000.
• You have annual town revenues of $1,200,000.
• This year, you have outlays topping $1,300,000. And your annual projections only get worse.
If you choose to be a county commissioner, you are facing a structural deficit of $1,000,000.
• You have annual county revenues of $11,000,000.
• This year, you have outlays topping $12,000,000. And your annual projections only get worse.
If you choose to be a state legislator or state governor, you are facing a structural deficit of $100,000,000.
• You have annual state revenues of $10.2 billion.
• This year, you have outlays topping $10.3 billion. And your annual projections only get worse.
In all three situations, you need to bring in new revenue to fix your structural deficit. You also have several public unions that periodically need new negotiations on their collective bargaining agreements (CBAs). You notice that there are several contributors to your structural deficit:
• Your old CBA with your teachers union needs to be adjusted (the retirements in your old CBA has helped contribute to your structural deficit); they’re demanding a 1% raise and they helped get you elected in the previous election
• Your economy has also been slowing down and each of your first two years in office as your unemployment rate has ticked up from 1% to 2%.
• There is no local college where the lobbyists are trying to put this high tech facility, and your local population doesn’t necessarily have the skillsets to work at the new high tech facility.
You have to do something or you will likely lose your seat in the next election.
Use the following concepts to guide you as you face this dilemma:
• What is causing the structural deficit?
• Should I raise taxes, cut spending elsewhere, or something in-between?
• What will the benefits be of creating a high tech facility if any?
• How will I pay for the high tech facility?
Why Choose Us
Premium Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional Assignment Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Timely Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment:
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Assignment Writing Help Services
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.