The instructions: Choose and concentrate on ONE sector Focus on AGILITY, RESILIENCE, AND TECHNOLOGY No Literature Review, Give all in an executive summary Provide key definitions Assessment task details and instructions “Businesses need to lead ‘transformational change’ in order to tackle the most urgent threats facing the planet and its people, including a radical overhaul of the supply chain.
We must work together, because the engine of global business – its supply chain – is broken, and requires transformational, cross-industry collaboration to fix it,” Grant F. Reid, CEO of Mars Company. Based on the above predictive statement before the advent of the current pandemic situation, you are asked to choose a sector/industry (e.g., food, technology, healthcare, retail, services, automotive), and critically:
i. Discuss the supply chain visibility and agility, i.e., the ability of companies in the chosen sector/industry to build and manage more cost-effective, efficient, responsible, and customer-focused supply chains given the disruption caused by COVID-19. Assessment Information/Brief 1
ii. Identify both internal and external COVID-19 risks for the companies in the sector/industry and discuss how the companies build supply chain resilience to quantify and rebalance those risks by emphasizing cross-industry collaboration.
iii. Discuss how state-of-the-art technologies and/or new forms of supply chains (e.g., Additive Manufacturing, Big Data analytics, Internet of Things, Omnichannel, blockchain) help companies within the chosen sector to tackle those urgent supply chains threats and remain competitive during and after the pandemic. For each question above, you should support your arguments by bringing into the discussion 1-2 examples of companies that belong to the selected sector/industry. You will also need to consider the following when completing your assignment:
• Quality of executive summary (does it give a brief complete summary of your paper for an executive to read?)
• Establishment of relevant theory (e.g. how supply chain environments are differentiated from region to region?)
• Allocation of credit and sources used (have I included references and citations to the material I have used?)
• Clarity of argument
• Overall report presentation including spelling and grammar
• Adherence to the nominated word limit (+/- 10%)
• Word processed (letter size 12, times new roman, 1.5 space)
• Fully referenced (Harvard Referencing System). Please refer to the reading list and academic sources issued in Blackboard