Racism Stereotyping Prejudice in America: Topic: Racism, Discrimination, Prejudice and Stereotyping in America. Do Black Lives Matter? You may tweak the topic if you wish to give it your own personal touch but your paper must explore the identified concepts against the rapid push for social change which is occurring both locally and internationally in response to the death of George Floyd and others.
Part 1(10 points)Define and briefly explore the concepts in the topic showing the differences and relationship between each. (for example, prejudice is an attitude while discrimination is a behavior). For this section, you should use your textbook or any other reliable text as your major source. Racism is not defined in the text so you can use a reputable source for your definition which you must acknowledge. Do not download nameless sources from the internet that you are unable to acknowledge. Quote, for example, Myers (2018) defines prejudice as”——“. You would then list Myers along with the name of the book, publisher, in your bibliography in APA style.
Part 2(20 points)Explore the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement within the context of the two interrelated events which have sparked it. ie,
1) the killing of George Floyd, Eric Garner, Breonna Taylor, and others by the police.
2) the killing of unarmed black men such as Treyvon Martin, Ahmad Arberry, Michael Brown, etc by white civilians. For this section of your paper as well as for Section 4, your sources must be a minimum of 6 articles which must be from a reputable newspaper or magazine such as the following. The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The New Yorker (special edition devoted to the BLM movement), or Psychology Today.
You are not limited to this list, however, do not use tabloids such as The Daily News or the New York Post. The 3 newspapers have published excellent articles on every aspect of the issue and you should have no trouble finding material. All articles must be listed in your Bibliography with the name of the author, date of publication, etc.
For example, Edmondson, C (2020) Defying Trump, Senate Panel Moves to Strip Military Bases of Confederate Names. NY Times, June 11, 2020. You can go directly to the website of these publications to access articles. The N Y Times will allow you to read a limited amount for free. Do not go to the internet and plagiarize articles that have no author or valid publisher.
Part 3(10 points)Choose 1:1. Describe a personal experience with racism, stereotyping, prejudice, or discrimination. Explain how you coped with it.
2. Have you participated in a Rally, Demonstration, or Protest related to the current issues? Explain why. Part 4(20 points)Will Racism Ever End? In this section of your paper, examine some of the various proposals, ideas, solutions that have been put forward to tackle the issue (Some have already been implemented). Here are some examples:1. The calls to “defund” the police and divert funds to social programs.
2. The dismantling of Confederate symbols, etc.
3. Executive orders by several governors banning the use of chokeholds by the police.
4. Making an untrue racist telephone call a hate crime.
5. The move by major corporations to support the BLM movement. You are not limited to the above examples. The key question to address is how effectively do you think they will be? Will we go back to Square 1 once the marches are over? What else do you think needs to be done? Get Law assignment help.
Why Choose Us
Premium Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional Assignment Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Timely Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Our Assignment Writing Help Services
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.