Inorganic Chemistry Problems
1. Use the VSEPR model to predict the probable shapes of (a) PCl4+, (b) PCl4-, (c) AsCl5.
2. Give balanced chemical equations for each of the following reactions.
(a) Oxidation of P4 with excess oxygen, (b) reaction of the product from part (a) with excess water, (c) reaction of the product from part (b) with a solution of CaCl2 and name the product.
3. State whether the following oxides are acidic, basic, neutral, or amphoteric: CO2, P2O5, SO3, MgO, K2O, Al2O3, CO.
4. Rank the following species from the strongest reducing agent to the strongest oxidizing agent: SO42-, SO32-, O3SO2SO32-.
5. SF4 reacts with BF3 to form [sF3] [BF4]. Use VSEPR theory to predict the shapes of the cation and anion. Assignment help.