Essay on how language shape individuals #1 Assignment: Language Name: Essay 1 at a Glance For this assignment, you will select one text from this unit to develop your ideas through an essay.
This essay should include introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs. Length: 5 typed pages Texts for Essay 1 (Choose one of the two texts).Anzaldua, Gloria. “How to Tame a Wild Tongue.” Amy Tan, “Mother Tongue” Essay 1 Prompt: How does language shape (define, limit, and/or broaden) how individuals understand themselves and/or how individuals are understood by others? Organization tips and format:
• Be sure to use MLA format throughout and to create a unique title for your essay.
• Organize your thoughts before you write. Stay on topic and focus your analysis on the text and proving your thesis.
• Focus on examining how a text from this unit would help prove a thesis that answers this prompt. Remember to stay away from personal experience and first person pronouns.
• Include quotes from the selected text. Make sure quotes help explain your thesis. Use a quote sandwich when integrating a quote into your body paragraph.
• Be sure to budget your time wisely.• You can do it!!General Guidelines: Introduction:• Introduce your topic by using a “hook”.
• Introduce the author and title of work you will be examining.
• Provide a very brief (1-2 sentence) summary of the work you will examine as it relates to your essay topic.
• Offer an explicit and concise thesis statement on your essay topic that answers the prompt (last sentence of your introduction).Body Paragraph:• Always begin each body paragraph with a topic sentence that will lead to the support and development of your thesis. Never begin a body paragraph with a quote, a question, or something that is not your own main idea.
• Explain/ analyze the idea in your topic sentence.
• Provide author, title, and context before presenting a quote.
• For each quote, cite it with a page number in parenthesis.
• Follow each quote with an analysis of how it helps answer the prompt and support thesis.• End each body paragraph with a concluding sentence.
Conclusion:• Must be a fully developed paragraph.
• Reinforce your essay’s thesis
• Review your own main ideas and source’s main ideas as expressed in the body
• Provide a lasting thought or new insight on your topic
Why Choose Us
Premium Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional Assignment Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Timely Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment:
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Assignment Writing Help Services
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.