Exploring SPSS and Descriptive Statistics. Your first IBM SPSS assignment includes two sections in which you will do the following:
• Create two histograms.
• Calculate measures of central tendency and dispersion.
This will give you some experience with the data set.
Key Details and Instructions
• Submit your assignment as a Word document.
• Refer to the IBM SPSS Step-by-Step Guide: Histograms and Descriptive Statistics [DOC] and to the Copy/Export Output Instructions [HTML] for additional help in completing this assignment.
• As you work on this assignment, you may find the Data Set Instructions [DOC] helpful.
• Provide a title for your document and your name.
The grades.sav file is a sample SPSS data set. The data represent a teacher’s recording of student demographics and performance on quizzes and a final exam. This week, you will create and describe two histograms and a descriptive table using these data.
We use statistics all the time to drive decisions, evaluate outcomes, and determine where to invest.
Please post something to the discussion board related to the content covered this week. Do not create your post as a reply to the pinned post. Instead, use Yellowdig’s Create option to create a new post. Label your post with the hashtag for the week (#Week2) so that others can sort posts by the week’s topic.
Here are some ideas for your post to get you started:
• How have you seen or used statistics yourself in your workplace? Give your post a hashtag in the body (e.g., #reallifestats).
• Which outside resource (image, video, article, self-recording) best reflects what your own experience with statistics has been? Share the link within your post. Why did you pick that item to share?
• What about this week’s content is relevant to your own professional or academic career?