Answer each of the following questions according to the instructions given. Question 1 (a–b) is based on the following paragraph.
There are many types of rain, and they all create a different mood. Spring rain on fields and flowers can feel refreshing. On the other hand, a cold, steady rain in the middle of winter can make you feel a little sad. A thunderstorm might feel frightening, or it might feel exciting. All types of rain are necessary to water the earth’s grasses and plants. No matter where you are, you can use the mood created by rain as an inspiration to start writing.
- Write the sentence that is the topic sentence of the paragraph.
- Write the sentence that is irrelevant to the topic and can be eliminated.
- List four types of grammatical or punctuation errors to look for when you’re proofreading.
Complete the following two steps:
- Define the term cliché.
- Give an example of a cliché. Write one sentence using the cliché and another that replaces the cliché with your own original wording.
- Name and explain two types of prewriting.
- Choose one of the following prompts. Write a five-sentence paragraph using chronological order and including a topic sentence to explain the steps you would take to complete one of the following tasks.
Preparing for a test
•Preparing to host a party or an event
•Getting ready for work
•Cleaning your room or your home
•Building a snowman, sandcastle, or sculpture
•Creating a budget
•Choose one of the following topics. Write an eight-sentence paragraph that fully develops the topic.
Following instructions is very important.
•Job-training programs (such as Job Corps) are valuable to both employers and potential employees.
•Advances in technology have changed the way people interact with each other.
•A high school diploma is important to my future.
•For some people, entering the work force is a better choice than going to college.
•Having strong writing skills will improve both my personal and professional communication.
Ask yourself these questions after you answer the questions for your exam.
•Did I answer all six questions and follow the instructions for each one?
•Did I answer all questions on my own, without help from the Internet?
•Did I select a topic for Question 5 from the list given in the instructions?
•Is Question 5 one paragraph?
•Does Question 5 contain five sentences?
•Is Question 5 written in chronological order?
•Did I select a topic for Question 6 from the list given in the instructions?
•Is Question 6 one paragraph?
•Does Question 6 contain eight sentences?
•Is my work saved as a Microsoft Word document or in Rich Text Format?
Get Help By Expert
Our highly experienced native English writers have been consistently providing assignment help for a long period of time, and we have great reviews from our clients.