Respond to the following data type questions:
- Explain the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit. How many color values can each display on a typical monitor? Compare with audio files.
- Explain how the terms bit, byte, nibble, and word are related.
- What is a radix? Give an example.
- What does overflow mean in the context of unsigned numbers?
- Name the four ways in which signed integers can be represented in digital computers and explain the differences.
- Which one of the four representations for signed integers is used most often by digital computer systems?
- If a computer is capable only of manipulating and storing integers, what difficulties present themselves? How are these difficulties overcome?
- Explain the difference between ASCII and Unicode.
- How many bits does a Unicode character require?
- Why was Unicode created? Get a computer science expert answer.