Comparative Religions Essay: 1. Outline some of the prime directives (major beliefs) in Islam along with a description of some of the major branches and sub-branches of Islam (Sunni, Shia, Sufi). We will deal with the offshoots like Sikhism, Druze, Bahai
2. Write an essay about Sufism (you might need to do some additional outside research).
3. You could also write an essay about Islam religious architecture (again requiring some additional outside research).
4. Choose two early reform Christian groups (i.e. Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist, Anabaptist, Puritan, Methodist, etc.) from 1500 to 1800 and compare or contrast various aspects of their worship life, belief, philosophy and disagreement with the medieval Christian tradition.
5. Select two groups after 1800 and write an essay similar in intent to # 4, including reasons for their further separation from mainstream Christianity.
6. Choose one non-Christian contemporary movement and trace its history, philosophy and practices.
7. Do some research on Interfaith and Ecumenical movements in America.
8. Choose a contemporary religious group or cult that has drifted far away from mainstream religion and write an essay about it.
9. Write an essay about ecology and religion. Try to include the perspectives of at least three different groups Each Question given in essay form clearly separated from the other, 2 pages for each question. Get Essay Writing help.