Challenges the parents of children with autism face
Purpose: The purpose of writing this proposal is to use the content and concepts learned in this class to develop and design a qualitative inquiry into an area of your own academic interest. This does not have to be a project that you realistically could conduct, although it might be more useful to do so. Your final research paper proposal will be graded based on its thoughtfulness, adherence to the requirements, and connections made to your learning in the course.
The proposal is worth 20% of your grade, and includes the following elements:
- Formatted Using APA Version 7 (for paper and references)
- learn about APA formatting for papers
- Research to understand how to format references
- Use the guidelines outlined
- Use first person pronouns
- Title Page
- Articulate a meaningful title for your inquiry
- challenges the parents of children with autism face in Saudi Arabia and how they face or overcome them
- Introduction (utilizes relevant and reliable academic sources)
- Statement of the Problem
- Brief Review of Literature
- Purpose of the Study
- The purpose of this research study is to further identify the challenges and needs that Saudi families of children with autism face and describe some helpful resources and strategies available to Saudi children with autism and their families.
- Research Question(s)
The importance of the study is to: (i)further identify the challenges and needs that Saudi families of children with autism face and (ii) describe some helpful resources and strategies available to Saudi children with autism and their families .
The importance of the study comes from the scarcity of scientific research and studies that touch on the challenges and needs of families of autistic children in Saudi society. This study may contribute to improving the level of services provided to families of children with autism, and find strategies and solutions to meet the needs of these families and overcome the challenges they face
- Design Overview (qualitative approach explicated using a wealth of course materials for justification)
- Research Methods (justify methods decisions using course reference materials)
- Context of Study and Population
- Ethics and IRB
- Participants and Sample Selection
- I am inviting you to participate in my study if you are (i) a mother of a child with autism (ii) who lives in one of the Saudi villages or moved to a city for your child’s treatment, (iii) your age is between 22 and 42 years, and (iv) your child’s age is between 6 to 18 years. If you are willing to participate, I will conduct an in-depth, individual, and unpaid interview via Zoom with you about the challenges you face as parents of children with autism in Saudi Arabia due to the culture, religion, awareness, and services available, and what psychological and social support or strategies that helped you overcome these challenges.
- Data Source(s)
- Data Collection Method(s)
- in in-depth, individual interviews via Zoom about the challenges face as a parent of a child with autism in Saudi Arabia due to the culture, religion, awareness, and services available, and what psychological and social support or strategies that helped them overcome these challenges. The interview will took about2 hours and will be followed by further interviews as needed at another time that may last from 30 to 60 minutes. There is no cost to you and no payment to you for these interviews.
- Data Analysis
- Establishing Qualitative Rigor (description of procedures to be used for rigor using course materials)
- Summary and reflections
Your participation will be of great value in helping me to complete this research project, the results of which can greatly improve the quality of services provided to children with autism in Saudi Arabia and facilitate access to them, and it may also reveal useful strategies to overcome these challenges.
What would full points look like?
You formatted your proposal and references appropriately according to APA version 7.
You have explicitly outlined (via headings, subheadings, etc.) and/or addressed all required elements of the proposal (above).
You use 10 academic/scholarly sources to meaningfully contribute to establishing the importance of the study and its methods.
You convey a thoughtful and explanatory approach to a qualitative inquiry study. Study design and reflections provide evidence of a thorough understanding of the purpose and techniques of qualitative inquiry learned in this course.
Your proposal adheres fully to the criteria outlined above. It is clear based on your proposal that you understand the concepts conveyed in the course as they relate to your own area of inquiry.