In this assignment, learners are required to write a case report addressing the personal knowledge and skills gained in this course and potentially solving an identified practice problem.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Doctoral learners are required to use the APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Review “Key Facts About the Uninsured Population” and “America’s Uninsured Crisis: Consequences for Health and Health Care” to develop a case report that identifies a clinical or health care problem and proposes methods of intervention, implementation, and evaluation using an appropriate research instrument.
Construct a 2,500-3,000 word (approximately 10-12 pages) case report that includes a problem or situation consistent with an area of DNP practice. Your case report should include the following components:
- Introduction with a problem statement
- Brief literature review
- Description of the case, situation, and conditions as explained from a theoretical perspective
- Synthesis of literature findings
- Summary of the case
- Identification of gaps or inefficiencies in the research and a proposal for evidence-based solutions to remedy each
- Evaluation of the selected research instrument used and an explanation of the rationale or empirical evidence to support its selection
- Explanation of how this case report advocates for social justice, equity, and ethical health care policies for uninsured populations.