1. Calculate the standard emf for each of the following reactions:
a)H2(g) + F2(g)—> 2H+(aq) + 2F-(aq)
b)Cu(s) + Ba 2+(aq)—> Cu 2+(aq) + Ba(s)
c)3Fe 2+(aq)—> Fe(s) + 2Fe 3+(aq)
d)Hg2 2+(aq) + 2Cu+(aq)—-> 2Hg(l) + 2Cu 2+(aq)
2. The standard reduction potential for the reduction of RuO4-(aq) to RuO4 2-(aq) is +0.59 V. Which of the following substances can oxidize RuO4 2-(aq) to RuO4-(aq) under standard conditions: Cr2O7 2-(aq), ClO-(aq), Pb 2+(aq), I2(s), Ni 2+(aq)?
3. Using standard reduction potentials, calculate the equilibrium constant for each of the following reactions at 298 K:
a) 2 VO2+(aq) + 4 H+(aq) + 2 Ag(s)—–> 2 VO 2+(aq) + 2 H2O(l), 2 Ag+(aq)
b) 3 Ce 4+(aq) + Bi(s) + H2O(l) —–> 3 Ce 3+(aq) + BiO+(aq) + 2 H+(aq)
c) N2H5+(aq) + 4 Fe(CN)6 3-(aq)—–> N2(g) + 5 H+(aq) + 4 Fe(CN)6 4-(aq)
4. A voltaic cell is constructed that is based on the following reaction:
Sn 2+(aq) + Pb(s)—-> Sn(s) + Pb 2+(aq)
a) If the concentration of Sn 2+ in the cathode compartment is 1.00 M and the cell generates an emf of +0.22 V, what is the concentration of Pb 2+ in the anode compartment? Chemistry assignment
b) If the anode compartment contains [SO4 2-]= 1.00 M in equilibrium with PbSO4(s), what is the Ksp of PbSO4?
5. a) Draw two linkage isomers of [Co(NH3)5 SCN]2+
b) Draw the two geometric isomers of [Co(NH3)3 Cl3]2+
c) Two compounds with the formula Co(NH3)5ClBr can be prepared. Use structural formulas to show how they differ. What kind of isomerism does this illustrate?
Get Help By Expert
Score high with our chemistry assignment writing services that are offered by assignment experts.