Amazon Analysis Essay. You are asked to critically look at the innovations that Amazon implemented over the years, as documented in these videos. Amazon probably follows an “ambidextrous approach,” where a specific “organic structure” is established to “explore and develop new ideas” and to “expand capabilities,” and a “mechanistic structure” established to “exploit current capabilities” (Daft & Armstrong, 2015, p. 380). For example, when Amazon introduced its first product (books sold online), it may have required a specific organizational structure to make the delivery possible.
Subsequent innovations may have had an impact on these established structures by bringing change. With these ideas in mind, watch the next two videos in the order indicated:
• Video 1 (25:03 min.): Bloomberg. (2015, June 26). Jeff Bezos revealed: Building Amazon one box at a time [Video file].
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfAhTtBlb2Q Video 2 (14:07 min.): Tinker, V. (2015, February 10). Amazon’s Jeff Bezos looks to the future [Video file].
• Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32rCNumOu4E
Answer these questions:
1. List five innovations that Amazon has introduced so far. In addition, a label which of these are incremental changes and which are radical changes.
2. Of these five innovations, mention the ways in which they may have had an impact on the organizational design (i.e. mechanistic structure).
Tip: Some of these changes may have had an impact on the people in those structures and the way they used to work.
1. If Amazon follows an “ambidextrous approach” (Daft & Armstrong, 2015, p. 380), how do you think the organic structure is tailored for each of these new innovations? Speculate to answer this question. Your answers to each question should be 400–700 words long Analysis Essay. Use APA referencing. We recommend that you submit this assignment at the end of Module 10.