Week 3 Case Study 1
Case Study 1: The Big Data Challenges
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Big Data is a term used to describe the voluminous amount of structured and semi-structured data generated by companies. The term is used when referring to petabytes (PB), exabytes (EB), and zettabytes (ZB) of data. Companies face challenges when it comes to capturing, storing, searching, and analyzing Big Data. The Volvo Car Corporation faced this problem because of the massive amount of data it was streaming from its vehicles. Study the Volvo Car Corporation case study titled, “Converting data into business value at Volvo”. Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Judge how Volvo Car Corporation integrated the cloud infrastructure into its networks.
2. Explain how Volvo Car Corporation transforms data into knowledge.
3. Identify the real-time information systems implemented and evaluate the impact of these implementations.
4. Argue how the Big Data strategy gives Volvo Car Corporation a competitive advantage.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The Research Paper … The Big Data Challenges
1. Is 6 Pages long
2. Includes Cover Page (1 page)
3. The main document (4 pages)
4. Includes APA Reference Page (1 page)
5. Includes Rubix for your review
6. Meets formatting requirements:
b. Times New Roman Font (size 12)
c. 1-inch margins on each side
7. Use this document as a rough draft for your work