TCH 520 Topic 5 Advocating for the Arts GCU
The existence of art in every culture in history demonstrates its importance to the brain. Art, including music, dance, drama and visual art, stimulates creativity and curiosity, and is fundamental to normal brain function and development.
Create a brochure advocating for greater inclusion of the arts in instruction. Include the following:
- Relationship between the arts and brain development.
- Effects of including the arts on learning outcomes in all subject areas
- Special considerations about classroom management when incorporating the arts
- Using the arts to encourage collaboration, creativity, and confidence
- How including the arts in instruction addresses differentiation and learning differences.
Your brochure should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Find out more here: TCH 520 Topic 6 Thinking and Learning Skills GCU.