SOC 220 Topic 1 Introduction to Social Problem Essay Questions GCU
Answer the following prompts in an essay format:
First, select a social problem to analyze throughout this course
. You may select from the list or come up with a social problem you wish to analyze:
- Human Trafficking
- Alcohol abuse
- Inequity in the workplace
- Drug Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Economic inequality
Remember, you will use your selected social problem to complete other assignments throughout this course.In an essay format, cite one scholarly source from the GCU library in addition to the textbook and complete the following:
- Describe your selected social problem in its social context. (55- 75words).
- Use your sociological imagination to explain how the selected social problem is influenced by society (75-100 words).
- Select the theoretical perspective(s) (functionalist, conflict, and interactionist) that best aligns with the social problem you’ve selected to analyze in this course.
- Explain why the theoretical perspective(s) you chose is best to explain the selected social problem.
- Next, use that theoretical perspective(s) to explain how your selected social problem came to be and how it is perpetuated. (150-200 words)
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance. Submit the assignment to your instructor by the end of Topic 1.
Check out this related post: SOC 220 Topic 2 Discussions GCU.