1. Explain the Christian view of the nature of human persons.
2. Compare the Christian view of intrinsic human value and dignity in contrast to secular views of personhood.
3. Evaluate how the concept of intrinsic human dignity is applied in the process of ethical decision-making.
Topic 2 DQ 1 (275 WORDS, 3 REFERENCES)
What is the Christian concept of the imago Dei? How might it be important to health care, and why is it relevant?
Topic 2 DQ 2 (275WORDS, 3 REFERENCES)
According to your worldview, what value does a human person have? How does your position affect your stance on controversial bioethical issues, such as abortion, designer babies, and stem cell research?
Assignment: Case Study on Moral Status (3 pages, 5 references)
Based on “Case Study: Fetal Abnormality” and the required topic Resources, write a 750-1,000-word reflection that answers the following questions:
1. What is the Christian view of the nature of human persons, and which theory of moral status is it compatible with? How is this related to intrinsic human value and dignity?
2. Which theory or theories are being used by Jessica, Marco, Maria, and Dr. Wilson to determine the moral status of the fetus? What from the case study specifically leads you to believe that they hold the theory you selected?
3. How does the theory determine or influence each of their recommendations for action?
4. What theory do you agree with? Why? How would that theory determine or influence the recommendation for action?
Remember to support your responses with the topic Resources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.