Gastrointestinal (GI) and hepatobiliary disorders affect the structure and function of the GI tract. Many of these disorders often have similar symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramping, constipation, nausea, bloating, and fatigue. Since multiple disorders can be tied to the same symptoms, it is important for advanced practice nurses to carefully evaluate patients and prescribe treatment that targets the cause rather than the symptom. Once the underlying cause is identified, an appropriate drug therapy plan can be recommended based on medical history and individual patient factors. In this Discussion, you examine a case study of a patient who presents with symptoms of a possible GI/hepatobiliary disorder, and you design an appropriate drug therapy plan.
Consider the following case study:
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs:
· Synthroid 100 mcg daily
· Nifedipine 30 mg daily
· Prednisone 10 mg daily
· Review this week’s media presentation on pharmacology for the gastrointestinal system.
· Review the provided case study. Reflect on the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed.
· Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder.
· Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post an explanation of your diagnosis for the patient including your rationale for the diagnosis. Then, describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
Points to follow when writing a paper:
· Please all bullet points, bold, red, and highlighted areas must be attended to.
· A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings.
· Please review all rubrics.
· Check APA format/setting.
· Your final paragraph should be a summary of the key points of your paper.
· Please personalized where necessary.
Refrain from a direct quote
Avoid public-facing sites like university web pages or foundation pages (such as the American Cancer Society or the Alzheimer’s Association) and medical sites designed for consumption by the general public (such as Mayo Clinic or WebMD).
You are required to cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice guidelines.
May use https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/index.html
The writer must be familiar with nursing pharmacology
Rules for writing (FYI)
Whether writing a discussion posting or a paper, keep a few things in mind—
1) I am looking for an explanation at the cellular or molecular level (whenever possible).
2) I am not looking for pathophysiological explanations that we would give to patients (e.g. “your heart just isn’t pumping the right way). While this explanation is acceptable for patient teaching, it will not cut it in a course titled “advanced pathophysiology.” To be very specific- I am looking for you to tell me the precise aberrancies (or theorized aberrancies) which inexorably lead to disease states.
Why Choose Us
Premium Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional Assignment Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Timely Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Our Assignment Writing Help Services
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.