NURS6053 Interprofessional Organizational and Systems Leadership
NURS6053 Week 9 Workplace Environment Assessment Assignment
Diagnosis is a critical aspect of healthcare. However, the ultimate purpose of a diagnosis is to develop and apply a series of treatments or protocols. Isolated recognition of a health issue does little to resolve it.
In this module’s Discussion, you applied the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory to diagnose potential problems with the civility of your organization. In this Portfolio Assignment, you will continue to analyze the results and apply published research to develop a proposed treatment for any issues uncovered by the assessment.
- Review the Resources and examine the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory, found on page 20 of Clark (2015).
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template.
- Reflect on the output of your Discussion post regarding your evaluation of workplace civility and the feedback received from colleagues
Select and review one or more of the following articles found in the Resources:
- Clark, Olender, Cardoni, and Kenski (2011)
- Clark (2018)
- Clark (2015)
- Griffin and Clark (2014)
The Assignment (3-6 pages total):
Part 1: Work Environment Assessment (1-2 pages)
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template you completed for this Module’s Discussion
- Describe the results of the Work Environment Assessment you completed in your workplace
- Identify two things that surprised you about the results and one idea you believed prior to conducting the assessment that was confirmed
- Explain what the assessment results suggest about the health and civility of your workplace
Part 2: Reviewing the Literature (1-2 pages)
- Briefly describe the theory or concept presented in the selected article (s)
- Explain how the theory or concept presented in the article(s) relates to your Work Environment Assessment results
- Explain how your organization could apply the theory highlighted in your selected article(s) to improve organizational health or create stronger work teams. Be specific and provide examples
Part 3: Evidence-Based Strategies to Create High-Performance Interprofessional Teams (1–2 pages)
- Recommend at least two strategies supported in the literature that can be implemented to address any shortcomings revealed in your Work Environment Assessment
- Recommend at least two strategies that can be implemented to bolster successful practices revealed in your Work Environment Assessment