NRS 410V Grand Canyon Week 4 Complete Work
NRS 410 Grand Canyon Week 4 Discussion
Use the image in “Discussion Question Resource: Chest X-Ray” to answer the following Critical Thinking Questions.
Examine the x-ray of a patient diagnosed with pneumonia due to infection with Mucor. Refer to the “Module 4 DQ Chest Xray” resource in order to complete the following questions.
Critical Thinking Questions
- Explain what Mucor is and how a patient is likely to become infected with Mucor. Describe the pathophysiologic progression of the infection into pneumonia and at least two medical/nursing interventions that would be helpful in treating the patient.
- Examine the laboratory blood test results and arterial blood gases provided in “Discussion Question Resource: Laboratory Blood Test Results.” What laboratory values are considered abnormal? Explain each abnormality and discuss the probable causes from a pathophysiologic perspective.
- What medications and medical treatments are likely to be prescribed by the attending physician on this case? List at least three medications and three treatments. Provide rationale for each of the medications and treatments you suggest.
NRS 410 Grand Canyon Week 4 Assignment Latest
This is a CLC assignment.
As a group, observe the simulated “Home Visit With Sallie Mae Fisher” video (.gcumedia.com/zwebassets/courseMaterialPages/nrs410v_vp01Alt.php” title=”
Refer to “Sallie Mae Fisher’s Health History and Discharge Orders” for specifics related to the case study used to inform the assignment.
Using “Home Visit With Sallie Mae Fisher” and “Sallie Mae Fisher’s Health History and Discharge Orders,” complete the following components of this assignment: Essay Portion After viewing the home visit, write an essay of 500-750-words in which you do the following:
- Identify, prioritize, and describe at least four problems.
- Provide substantiating evidence (assessment data) for each problem identified.
- Identify and describe at least four medical and/or nursing interventions.
- Discuss your rationale for the interventions identified.
Prepare this step of the assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. Scripted Dialogue Portion
Utilizing the information learned from the home visit, health histories, and discharge orders, write a scripted dialogue in which you provide Sallie Mae with education that describes her problems and the interventions identified to improve her condition. Consider Sallie Mae’s physiological, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs when developing your dialogue.
Your dialogue should resemble a script. The following is an example of a few sentences from a scripted dialogue:
Nurse: “Good morning, Salle Mae, my name is and I will be your nurse today. I understand you are experiencing problems with
APA format is not required for this part of the assignment, but solid academic writing is expected.
Refer to “Home Visit With Sallie Mae Fisher Grading Criteria.”
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin. Sallie Mae Fisher’s Health History and Discharge Orders
Sallie Mae Fisher Health History
Ms. Fisher is an 82-year-old female with a history of chronic congestive heart failure (CHF), atrial fibrillation, and hypertension . During the last 6 months, she has been hospitalized four times for exacerbation of her CHF. She was discharged home last Saturday from the hospital after a 3-day stay to treat increased dyspnea, an 8-pound weight gain, and chest pain.
Ms. Fisher is recently widowed and lives alone. She has a daughter, Thelma Jean, who lives in town but works full time and has family issues of her own. Therefore, family support is limited.
Hospital Discharge Instructions
Mountain Top Home Health to evaluate cardio-pulmonary status, medication management, and home safety
Medical Equipment Company to deliver oxygen concentrator and instruct patient in use. 0, at 2 liters per nasal prongs PRN.
Prescriptions given at discharge: o Digoxin 0.25 mg once a day o Lasix 80 mg twice a day
Calan 240 mg once a day
Order written to continue other home meds.
Sallie Mae’s Home Medication List
Zocar 50 mg once a day
Minipres 1 mg once a day
Vasotec 10 mg twice a day
Prilosec 20 mg once a day
Furosemide 40 mg once a day
Effexor 37.5 mg at bedtime
Lanoxin 0.125 mg every other day
Multivitamin once a day
Potassium 40 mEq once a day
Ibuprofen 400 mg q 4 hours as needed for pain
Darvocet N 100 mg q 4 hours as needed for pain
Nitroglycerin ointment, apply 1 inch every day.
Check out this related post: NRS 410V Grand Canyon Week 5 Complete Work.