(Male, 33, Anxiety Disorder, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
A 33-year-old Hispanic male patient with a history of GAD and PTSD. The patient is referred by his private doctor for increased anxiety and insomnia. The patient reported he was assaulted 3 months ago by two males and that his vehicle was stolen. Patient-reported that due to his injuries he must stay in the hospital for 7 days. The patient reported that after the incident his life change completely and still affecting his daily activities. The patient also stated that he is suffering from insomnia. The patient appears awake, alert, and oriented x 4 and dressed appropriately with good hygiene and good eye contact. He presents with spontaneous speech, regular rate, and volume, relevant, and coherent. His mood is anxious, and his affect is mood congruent. The thought process seems concrete. Patient-reported feeling more secure. Throughout the session, the patient actively participated and provided insightful responses. The patient was able to discuss psychosocial stressors and coping skills openly. The clinician provided psychoeducation regarding medication compliance, and the patient was receptive. The patient was encouraged to continue follow-up psychotherapy to monitor his anxiety. Individual psychotherapy is scheduled for two weeks.
Psychiatric notes are a way to reflect on your practicum experiences and connect them to the didactic learning you gain from your NRNP courses. Focused SOAP notes, such as the ones required in this practicum course, are often used in clinical settings to document patient care.
For this Assignment, you will document information about a patient that you examined during the last three weeks, using the Focused SOAP Note Template provided. You will then use this note to develop and record a case presentation for this patient. NRNP 6665 Assignment 2: Focused SOAP Note And Patient Case Presentation.
· Present the full complex case study. Include chief complaint; history of present illness; any pertinent past psychiatric, substance use, medical, social, family history; most recent mental status exam; current psychiatric diagnosis including differentials that were ruled out; and plan for treatment and management.
· Report normal diagnostic results as the name of the test and “normal” (rather than specific value). Abnormal results should be reported as a specific value.
· Specifically address the following for the patient, using your SOAP note as a guide:
· Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding their chief complaint and symptomology to derive your differential diagnosis? What is the duration and severity of their symptoms? How are their symptoms impacting their functioning in life? NRNP 6665 Assignment 2: Focused SOAP Note And Patient Case Presentation.
· Objective: What observations did you make during the psychiatric assessment?
· Assessment: Discuss their mental status examination results. What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses and why you chose them. List them from highest priority to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why? Describe how your primary diagnosis aligns with DSM-5 diagnostic criteria and is supported by the patient’s symptoms. NRNP 6665 Assignment 2: Focused SOAP Note And Patient Case Presentation.
· Plan: In your video, describe your treatment plan using clinical practice guidelines supported by evidence-based practice. Include a discussion on your chosen FDA-approved psychopharmacologic agents and include alternative treatments available and supported by valid research. All treatment choices must have a discussion of your rationale for the choice supported by valid research. What were your follow-up plan and parameters? What referrals would you make or recommend as a result of this treatment session? NRNP 6665 Assignment 2: Focused SOAP Note And Patient Case Presentation.
· In your written plan include all the above as well as include one social determinant of health according to the HealthyPeople 2030 (you will need to research) as applied to this case in the realm of psychiatry and mental health. As a future advanced provider, what are one health promotion activity and one patient education considerations for this patient for improving health disparities and inequities in the realm of psychiatry and mental health? Demonstrate your critical thinking.
· Reflection notes: What would you do differently with this patient if you could conduct the session again? If you are able to follow up with your patient, explain whether these interventions were successful and why or why not. If you were not able to conduct a follow-up, discuss what your next intervention would be. NRNP 6665 Assignment 2: Focused SOAP Note And Patient Case Presentation.
· At least 3 references
· Review the Exemplar and use the template to complete the assignment.
Also check: NURS 6301 Week 4: Neurological System
Why Choose Us
Premium Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional Assignment Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Timely Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Our Assignment Writing Help Services
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.