MIN 822 Topic 5 Dissertation Research Design GCU
The Grand Canyon University (GCU) College of Doctoral Studies has approved a limited number of qualitative and quantitative research designs commonly referred to as the GCU Core Designs. Doctoral learners must be acquainted with these designs to make an accurate selection for their dissertation research studies. In this assignment, you will explore a potential research design for your dissertation. Engaging in this exploration neither finalizes nor approves your research design; final selection and approval of the research design will be done at a later date in conjunction with your dissertation committee.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the potential research methodology you drafted as an assignment in a previous course.
- Retain this paper for reference in future courses.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source, be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper (750- 1,000 words) in which you discuss a potential research design for your dissertation. Include the following in your submission:
- A discussion of the GCU Core Design that you believe is most appropriate for your intended dissertation.
- A research-supported rationale for the chosen design.
- A research-supported discussion of why the other GCU Core Designs are not as appropriate as your chosen design given the intended dissertation research.
Check out this related post: MIN 822 Topic 7 Contemporary Theology.