JUS 652 Week 2 Assignments GCU
JUS 652 Week 2 Proposal Topic Feedback Assignment
In your assigned CLC, review the topics posted by your colleagues in Module 1 and post your feedback. Consider the following in your answers:
- What do you believe each writer’s stronger topic to be?
- What do you believe those strengths are?
- What information would you be interested in hearing more about that pertains to the chosen topic?
- How would you approach this proposal if you were writing it?
Support your feedback with research. APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
JUS 652 Week 2 Portfolio: Prospective Employer
- Prepare a CV that highlights your skills, awards, accomplishments, and education, and is clearly focused on a job in your chosen field of criminal justice. You should also include a list of three professional references; do not include your current employer or any family members.
- Prepare a list of three prospective employers. Choose one of these and write a cover letter that is oriented to the needs of that employer. Be sure to emphasize the ways in which your vision of effective criminal justice aligns with the mission of the particular employer.
- APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
JUS 652 Week 2 Portfolio: Statement of Philosophy
Use the assigned readings (and other readings from your graduate studies that you care to include) to serve as a guide for completing a statement of your criminal justice philosophy. Your statement should be 500 words and cover the following:
- Describe your philosophy, how it developed, and why it appeals to you.
- Relate various criminal justice philosophies you have studied on your own.
- Provide details on the area of law you plan to choose as a career.
- Describe how you plan to apply your philosophy of criminal justice to this area.
Use the GCU e-Library to locate 4-6 scholarly sources in support of your content. Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Find out more here: JUS 652 Week 3 Assignments GCU.