HLT 312V Week 5 Complete Latest
HLT-312v Week 5 Discussion 1
Assess the ethical issues surrounding end-of-life decisions. How has the living will affected medical response and why is this important for guiding end-of-life decisions? Should families be able to impact how and if a person’s living will is carried out? Should parents have the right to choose to end the life of their child if the child has Down Syndrome?
HLT-312v Week 5 Discussion 2
What would be the implications for society if physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia were legal in all states? What would be the benefits to the patient and what dangers would exist?
HLT-312v Week 5 Assignment – Collaborative Learning Community: Health Disparities Among Diverse Populations
This is a CLC assignment.
Students will be assigned to groups by the course instructor. This is a two-part assignment that will consist of a presentation and an accompanying flyer.
Part 1: Presentation
Develop a 10-15 slide presentation, using PowerPoint or Prezi that includes the following information:
1. Analyze the health care status of a specific minority group. Select a minority group that is represented in the United States (examples include: American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander).
2. Compare the health status of the minority group you have selected to the national average. What is the current health status of this minority group? What health disparities exist for this group?
3. You will find important health information regarding minority groups by exploring the following resources: “Minority Health” and “Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations,” both of which are located on the the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
4. Explain the cultural and socioeconomic barriers to health. How do race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and education influence health for the minority group you have selected?
A minimum of three references must be used for this assignment.
The title slide and reference slide are not counted in required minimum slide count.
Part 2: Flyer
1. Develop a one-page flyer that describes a healthy prevention strategy to address one of the 10 leading causes of death for the minority group you have selected.
2. Refer to the resource “Healthy People 2020” for information regarding healthy prevention strategies.
3. Include the flyer in your group’s presentation.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be included within the presentation using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Find out more here: HLT 312V All Week Discussions Package.