GC SOC 412 Week 3 Protestant Denominational Belief Systems chart Latest
SOC 412 Week 3 Protestant Denominational Belief Systems Grand Canyon
Complete the “Protestant Denominational Belief Systems” chart.
Provide a minimum of three to five scholarly sources to support your content.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Prepare this assignment according APA Style Guide
Part I: Protestant Beliefs Systems Chart
1) Read through the “Distinctive Protestant Beliefs and Practices Chart” .
DISTINCTIVE PROTESTANT BELIEFS AND PRACTICES
1. The centrality and sole authority of the Bible in matters of religious truth
2. Salvation by grace through faith
3. The church as the gathering of believers
4. The priesthood of all believers
1. For most, religion lived out in the midst of world
2. For some, separation from the world
3. Morality is of central importance
1. Two sacraments: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper/Holy Communion
2. Preaching is an important aspect of worship
1. No central authority
2. Clergy usually marry; women ordained in some denominations
3. Variety of organizational styles
2) Select two Protestant denominations.
3) List by bullet point your selected denomination—the denominational distinctive in each category of the chart.
Part II: Comparative Analysis
Write a 200-300-word comparative analysis of the two denominations you selected.
Check out this related post: GC SOC 412 Week 5 American Born Religions.