DNP 955 Topic 3 DPI Project Proposal Chapter 1 GCU
DNP 955 Topic 3 DPI Project Proposal Chapter 1 Introduction to the Project GCU
Chapter 1 of the DPI Project is entitled “Introduction to the Project” and includes background and other essential information regarding the overall DPI Project design and components.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the “DPI Proposal Template” located in the PI Workspace of the DC Network.
- Access The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing textbook from DNP-801. The direct link is: http://gcumedia.com/digital-resources/jones-and-bartlett/2013/the-doctor-of-nursing-practice-essentials_ebook_2e.php
- You may also find it helpful to access the The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing
textbook from DNP-801, which you have been using throughout the program. Chapter 10 of this textbook provides an excellent template for a DNP-focused scholarly project.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Use the “DPI Proposal Template” to help you develop a draft of the Introduction (Chapter 1) of your DPI Project Proposal. Keep in mind this is an outline and formatting structure; it may be of use to you, but recall that each project will vary in nature and scope, so adaptations to this format may be required.
Sections in Chapter 1 include:
- Background of the Project
- Problem Statement
- Purpose of the Project
- Clinical Question(s)
- Advancing Scientific Knowledge
- Significance of the Project
- Rationale for Methodology
- Nature of the Project Design
- Definition of Terms
- Assumptions, Limitations, Delimitations
- Summary and Organization of the Remainder of the Project
Much of this information can be gleaned from your DPI Prospectus, but you will find that new as well as expanded content in specific areas will be required, depending on the nature of your proposed DPI Project.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives, and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours, and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement that reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon.
Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network. To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Find out more here: DNP 955 Topic 4 DPI Project Proposal Chapter 2 GCU.