COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Complete Work Latest
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Discussion 1
What is the nature of the value system most prevalent in your life? Why is it most prevalent?
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Discussion 2
What value system did your parents impress on you when you were young? How has this affected you as an adult?
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Journal Reflection 6
Each week, you are required to submit a journal entry of a minimum of 150 words, addressing a specified topic.
Describe the types and sources of value systems that drive most of your daily decisions and serve as a deterrent to intrusive persuasion. Craft your response so that it correlates with the Topic 6 text, lectures, and discussions.
GCU style is not required, but solid writing skill is expected.
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Assignment Value Systems Essay
Choose an essay from the “COM-231 Essays” resource.
Use the GCU eLibrary to locate at least two additional resources to support your essay.
Write a 500-750-word essay that explains the value system it addresses and how it is used or not used as persuasion in decision making and attitudes.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word docCOM 231 Essays
1. George Orwell: “Politics and the English Language”http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0300011h.html#part42
2. For arguments sake; why do we feel compelled to fight about everything?
3. Wasserman “Fan Profanity” Suggested alternate: Wasserman, Howard M., Cheers, Profanity, and Free Speech in College Sportshttp://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=574165
4. Luis Poza: “Arguing on the Internet” http://www.blogd.com/archives/001579.html
5. Alison Olson “the Zenger Case Revisited”http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=3864964&site=ehost-live&scope=site
6. Nat Hentoff “Expelling Huck Finn”http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/docview/408537066?accountid=7374
7. James Twitchell But First a Word from our Sponsorhttp://library.gcu.edu:2048/loginurl=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=9607301973&site=ehost-live&scope=site
8. Sairra Patel The Media and its representation of Islam and Muslim womenhttp://www.themodernreligion.com/women/w_media.htm
9. Richard Price A Discourse on the Love of our countryhttp://www.constitution.org/price/price_8.htm
10. James Ledbetter The Culture Blockadehttp://library.gcu.edu:2048/loginurl=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=7598230&site=ehost-live&scope=site
11. Jonathan Weber The Ever-Expanding, Profit-Maximizing, Cultural-Imperialist, WonderfulWorld of Disneyhttp://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.02/disney.html
12. Thomas Jefferson The Declaration of Independencehttp://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration.html
13. Emma Goldman Patriotism a menace to libertyhttp://sunsite.berkeley.edu/goldman/Writings/Anarchism/patriotism.html
14. Leslie Marmon Silko The Border Patrol Statehttp://www.tucsonweekly.com/tw/09-26-96/cover.htm
15. Henry David Thoreau “Civil Disobedience”http://thoreau.eserver.org/civil1.html
16. Martin Luther King Jr Letter from Birmingham Jailhttp://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html
17. Sojourner Truth Ain’t I a woman?http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/sojtruth-woman.asp
18. Jeff Jacoby Who’s white? Who’s Hispanic? Who cares?http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login url=http://search.proquest.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/docview/405399505?accountid=7374
19. George Woodcock the tyranny of the clockhttp://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~rrojas/TyrannyofClock.html
20. Neil Postman Virtual students, digital classroomshttp://library.gcu.edu:2048/login url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=9510201721&site=ehost-live&scope=site
21. Anna Quindlen a new look an old battlehttp://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2001/04/08/a-new-look-an-old-battle.html
22. Bushra Iqbal: “In favor of using sexist and racist language”
http://search.ebscohost.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/login.aspx?direct=true&db=lfh&AN=74184215&site=lrc-live uments can be submitted to Turnitin.
Check out this related post: COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 7 Complete Work Latest.