ACC 486 Grand Canyon Week 8 Discussion
Find the financial statements for a publicly-traded company, and calculate the company’s z-score. Identify (approximately 100 words) whether you think the company is at risk for financial failure, based upon its z-score and other factors that you find about the company. Post a link to the financial statements with your initial post, and include the company name in the subject line. Do not choose a company in which one of your classmates has already posted. To participate in the follow-up discussion, choose one of the companies that a classmate has reviewed, examine the company’s financial statements, and provide your own commentary on it. All posts should be grammatically correct and proofread for spelling.
ACC 486 Grand Canyon Week 8 Assignment
1) Analyze a publicly-traded company’s financial statements for the prior five years. Include the following items as supplemental schedules to the analysis, prepared as individual worksheets within an Excel spreadsheet:
- a) Horizontal analysis of the prior five years’ income statement and balance sheet.
- b) Vertical analysis of the prior five years’ income statement and balance sheet.
- c) Calculation of at least five significant liquidity ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
- d) Calculation of at least five significant profitability ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
- e) Calculation of at least five significant long-term debt-paying ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
- f) Calculation of at least five significant investor ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
2) Prepare a paper (10-15 pages) that analyzes the financial strengths and weaknesses of the company examined.
- a) The analysis should reference significant items found in the income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, horizontal analysis, vertical analysis, and ratio analysis of the company examined.
- b) A competitor analysis and comparison to industry averages should be presented.
- c) A summary identifying whether the company would be attractive to investors and/or creditors must be included.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Check out this related post: ACC 486 Grand Canyon Week 1 Complete Assignment.